Thursday 6 March 2014

Breakin' - 30 Years Later


Can you really believe it's been 30 years since the film Breakin' (or Breakdance as we called it in the UK) came out?
Here's a photo of the main characters; Lucinda Dickey aka Kelly / Special K, Adolfo 'Shabba-Doo' Quinones aka Ozone and Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp' Chambers as Turbo as they are today.

I'm not going to go into a long-winded speech about how I felt about seeing Kelly in her leotard/tights when I was a kid but it made a big impression on my young mind at the time. And I bet I'm not the only one, right?

Also it's worth mentioning that Beat Street is celebrating 30 years too, being that they were released only a few months apart in the same year.


n.b. More of Special K, I mean Lucinda, here in Ninja III: The Domination on Youtube. And a very nice blog post about her career over here, mmmm.

2 comments:

Ruse One said...

30 years??? thanks for making me feel old!! :(

ramses said...

One of my very favourite shoddy films. Put this on a double bill with 1983 horror classic Pieces and you've got the makings of a really terrible night.

P.S. The Boogaloo Shrimp looks a little suspicious these days. I mean, you wouldn't want him babysitting your kids would you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.