Thursday 21 August 2014

Grandmaster Flash on Now Playing @6Music



 I listened to this last night. Quite interesting in parts as Grandmaster Flash talked to 6Music's Tom Robinson (who used to be gay, and happy to be or something, and liked singing about it) last Sunday.
It's only up until this weekend then it's gone. I've made a copy and I'll upload it once I have time if you miss this.

Tracklisting:

    Grandmaster Flash and Furious Five - The Message
    Chic - Good Times
    Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think
    Afrika Bambaataa and Soulsonic Force - Planet Rock
    Roy Ayers - Running Away
    Doug E. Fresh and The Get Fresh Crew - The Show
    Herbie Hancock - Rockit
    Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover
    Tom Tom Club - Genius Of Love
    Donald Byrd (Fallin' Like) - Dominoes
    The Sugarhill Gang - Apache
    Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five - Freedom
    Roots Manuva - Witness (1 Hope)
    Parliament - Flashlight
    James Brown - Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose
    Ray Charles - What'd I Say
    Digable Planets - Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat)
    Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart

    Grandmaster Flash in the mix
        UB40 - Red Red Wine
        James Brown - The Payback
        Soul II Soul - Keep On Movin' (Club Mix)
        Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long
        Barry White - It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me
        Suzanne Vega - Tom's Dinner
        Jade - Don't Walk Away
        Marvin Gaye - "T" Plays It Cool
        Hall & Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
        Universal Vibrations - No Light No Sound
        AC/DC - Back In Black
        Run‐D.M.C. - Walk This Way
        The O'Jays - For The Love Of The Money
        Blondie - Rapture
        Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait (Powermix)
        Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
        Montell Jordan This Is How We Do It
        Indeep - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
        The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight

 (I know, but UB40 works really well, I thought!)

Check it here.
Listen to it soon!

1 comment:

Feverpitch said...

Loved it and I got a mention! Flash was 'feeling' my comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.